Called To Serve

Called To Serve
I am so excited for this opportunity to serve the people in Ghana for the next 2 years! Hope you enjoy all the letters and pictures!

Friday, August 21, 2015

Ghana MTC

Hello Family!

Well I made it to Ghana and to be honest I feel completely lost. I walked out of the plane and right away people were trying to take my bag saying they would carry it for me and I almost didn't make it through customs because I didn't have my Yellow Fever Card (I need you to send it to me by the end of my mission) but I was very lucky! All of us Elders then went to Baggage Claim, and I waited for my bags.... and waited... and my bags didn't make it with us but I was blessed because they will be here in the morning. So we had to file for baggage return and at the end the workers wanted a tip and I didn't want to make a scene and so I took out my wallet and I had no small bills and they saw my $20 and then they all said a twenty would do and so I paid them, come to find out that that is not what I am supposed to do.
We then left the airport and drove to the MTC and holy cow it was crazy!! Our driver literally hit a lady's purse with his side mirror going like 40 mph. That's how close the people walking are to the cars, I didn't see any speed limit signs either...

Anyways, that's all the time I have, my P-day is Wednesday and I'll explain more then! Thanks for all your thoughts, I love you all so much.


Elder Bergeson
The American Elders have arrived at the Ghana MTC

Lunch time at the MTC!


No comments:

Post a Comment